Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for visiting Testing Timers. Below is a list of our Frequently Asked Questions. If you do not find the answer you were looking for, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use In Test
1.) Can the watches be used in the test? Does ACT® and College Board® endorse the products?
While ACT® and College Board® do not endorse the products, both companies have publicly confirmed that our watches do meet their in test criteria and can be used during the test. For confirmation please see the following documentation: ABC News Article
Partnering and Bulk Order
2) Are there discounts offered to organizations looking to purchase watches in bulk?
3) What is the warranty statement for the watches and customer service policy?
Please see our Warranty Statement. Warranty statements are also included in every box. Our customer service is second to none and typically responds within 24 hours.
4) What type of battery is used in the watch? How long do the watches typically last?
We use a universal CR-2032 lithium battery. You can find the circular battery at any major department store and on Amazon.com. The battery typically will last between 9-11 months, depending on the battery. When the battery is low, an icon will appear. When the icon appears, you have approximately 80 days to change the battery.
5) Do instructions come in the box?
The entire instruction manual can be downloaded from our site here.
6) Is there one watch for both the ACT and SAT?
Unfortunately there is not. Because ACT® and SAT® are two separate tests and organizations, the watches are kept separate. We do, however, offer a major discount in our shop when ordering both watches. Please see our combo pack including both watches.
Extended Time Test Takers
7) Can Testing Timers watches be used for extended time test takers?
While there is not a separate watch for extended time testing, our watches have been designed to generate results for extended time test takers as well. All of our current partners currently use the standard watches for their students with extended time. The most useful strategy, recommended by our tutoring partners, is displayed on our Product Details page.
8) What shipping options are offered when buying a Testing Timer?
USPS First Class (3-5 Business Days) – Free
USPS Priority (2-3 Business Days) – $5.00
USPS Express (1-2 Business Days) – $30.00
9) Do you ship internationally?
Yes, international shipping options are provided in our online shop.
10) Does the watch offer a regular wristwatch function when the user is not testing?
Yes, press the Test Mode (bottom-left) button on the watch. For directions on setting the watch, please see our downloadable instruction manual here.
Changing the Presets
11) Can the user change or customize the presets on the watches?
Unfortunately, the user cannot change the testing section presets on the watches. The watches are fully encrypted, making them allowable in the test room. The only aspect of the watch that the user can change is the watch mode.